My name is Jessica Ullestad (hence the "JU" in JU Henna Tattoo).
Here's some quick facts about me:
- I tried out henna by giving myself a tattoo in 2006 and fell in love! I've regularly practiced henna on myself and loved ones ever since.
- With the encouragement of my friends and family, I made my henna-hobby an official summer business in 2015.
- I currently work full-time doing graphic design and marketing communications. My full-time job uses my creative talents in a whole other way that I also enjoy!
- I have always loved art and creating things with my hands. I went to school for Art Education and still like to draw, paint and create Ukranian Pysanky eggs.
- If you've seen me at festivals, you might see other people helping at my booth. I am very lucky to have my boyfriend and parents' help with booth setup, answering henna questions and fulfilling transactions!
- You may notice that I have quite a few animal-inspired henna designs. I am a animal lover and currently have a golden-doodle (who you may occasionally see helping in my henna booth). If I do a home appointment and you have a fuzzy friend, I am quite happy to meet them!
- If you want to know anything else, don't be afraid to ask! I love chatting during henna appointments and events.